The public use computers on the third floor of
the Syosset Public Library will be undergoing an upgrade
this Wednesday, May 13, 2015 from 9 AM
until approximately 1 PM.
Wireless internet will still be available through out the building during the upgrade.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
– posted by Sonia, Reference Services
Scanning is now available in the 3rd Floor Computer Center! Syosset Library is the first public library in the country to own the state of the art Scannx Book ScanStation. The scanner is available to all and is free to use.
What’s so special about this scanner?
– Very user-friendly touch screen monitor.
– Scan books and documents into
- Searchable PDF
- Microsoft Word
by simply touching the screen for the preferred file format.
– Advanced ABBYY FineReader technology allows you to scan a book to Microsoft Word with incredible accuracy!
– It will scan and save your documents/pictures to a large variety of places, including:
- USB Drive
- Google Docs
- Smart Phones
Stop by the Computer Center and check it out! Reference Librarians will be available if you need assistance.
– posted by Megan, Reference Services