The United States Supreme Court upheld the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act on Thursday June 28, 2012. Visit the www.supremecourt.gov/opinions, choose “Latest Slip Opinions” and view the full text of the ruling. The slip opinion is cited as Docket 11-393 National Federation of Independent Business v. Sebelius.
You can find the full text of the law in our online catalog by searching the title Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Another related act, Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act can also be found in our online catalog.
New York State implemented reforms in compliance with the Affordable Care Act. Visit Health Care Reform New York and discover what New York is providing New Yorkers.
New York State provides the following:
- NY Bridge Plan for those with preexisting conditions
- Health Insurance Exchange
- Small Business tax credit
- Support for health coverage for early retirees
- Existing law – Coverage expansion to “Age 29” Dependent Extension (Age 29 Law)
Also visit the Health Care Reform New York site for complete coverage.
-posted by Ed G., Reference Services